On behalf of the Advanced Energy Group staff, we would like to wish all of our followers and supporters a Happy New Year, and we hope everyone had an excellent holiday season. 2015 is going to be an exciting year for AEG, with new projects surfacing in the Northeast and Midwest regions. The groundwork started this past year, 2014, and was one of the most exciting years in the history of AEG. Here are some of the highlights:
- New England Renewable Energy (NERE) was formed as an “in-house” installation crew for AEG in the Northeast region. The team has learned to install geothermal piping and manifolds, and how to assemble and install solar panels. The team is learning a lot of new skills and looks forward to learning more about renewable energy and installing systems.
- In Phase 2a for the Yale Acres project, the NERE team installed lateral geothermal piping, as well as the struts and manifolds for those buildings.
- The Yale Acres Resident Association has been formed, and board members have been elected. They have held a number of fun and engaging events for residents, as well as keeping them informed with developments happening during the project.
- A solar panel assembly plant was created and is now currently in use by the NERE team to assemble Luma solar panels locally.
- In addition to learning how to assemble the panels, the NERE team did their first solar panel installation on a building in Phase 2a.
- A geothermal HVAC system, complete with new duct work, was installed by the NERE team at Middletown Framing in Middletown, CT.
That’s what took place last year, and here’s a little sample of what AEG is working on in 2015:
- More Solar in more places!
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Solar Carports
- Very bright, highly energy efficient LED parking and street lights.
Stay tuned for updates on all these projects (and hopefully more) from AEG in 2015! Enjoy some pictures from last year!