AEG is working with Michigan Based, New Energy Solutions to install Solar Photovoltaics (PV) for the Yale Acres Energy Star Model Building. Solar PV utilizes solar cells to convert sunlight into electricity. After the energy use of the building is reduced through weatherization, geothermal heating and cooling, and energy efficient appliances, Solar PV will be used to help generate the remaining electrical needs. For this project, Luma solar roofing will be used instead of stand-alone PV panels.
LUMA’s Core Strengths
• The LUMA innovation completely eliminates the long standing problem that faces typical solar products known as the half-life roof, e.g. the roof will need to be replaced before the solar panel needs to be – Luma Solar panels have a 25 year warranty.
• The system is sold in a variety of standard or custom sizes.
• The system installs quickly, reducing installation time and labor expense.
• LUMA’s system is aesthetically pleasing, and can be integrated with any type of roofing shingle.
• The system is totally building integrated and qualifies for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points.
• LUMA’s system is the roof, as well as the solar generator. Roofing shingles and labor are not needed within the LUMA Solar Roof footprint.